Anyways (cue drumroll), I'm going to eliminate or cut back on alcohol. Luckily I don't think anyone knows about this blog, so I should be okay and not lose face if I don't succeed!
My training will consist of:
- Weekend long rides starting gradually from flat/30 miles to hilly/70 miles. Do back-to-back rides late March/April since the MS is 2 days long.
- Climbing stairs/plyometrics to build power for climbing hills in Austin
- Squats/leg work on weekdays to build pedal stroke strength.
- Core work/lower back for stability and to minimize fatigue on the bike.
- Lifting during the week.
- Rest mid-week w/ 1-2 offdays.
- Light cycling during the week.
- Nurse and massage my ITB 5x a week.. if that fucker flares up I won't be able to ride. It sidelined me for 7 months last year.